There are healing and magical properties in some plants and herbs. Whether you are having trouble sleeping at night or are having some stomach issues, it may be wise to look into the natural remedies for some of these everyday symptoms that occur in our bodies. Here is a list of some plants and herbs that have not only medicinal properties, but some magical properties as well.
- Medicinal Properties: helps heal wounds, burns and insect stings.
- Magical Properties: Living plants guard against evil influences and prevent household accidents.
- Medicinal Properties: The seed promotes digestion, stimulates appetite and helps with cramps and nausea.
- Magical Properties: Sleep on anise seeds to ensure sleep free from nightmares; fresh anise leaves ward off evil.
- Medicinal Properties: Can be eaten as an appetizer, and can also be used to treat stomach cramps, constipation and vomiting.
- Magical Properties: Used in purification baths and love spells.
- Medicinal Properties: The root makes a remedy for diarrhea.
- Used in money spells and gives courage to the meek if carried
- Medicinal Properties: Alleviates stomach cramps and diarrhea, fever and vomiting.
- Medicinal Properties: May be useful for treating morning sickness.
- Magical Properties: Used in love spells in conjunction with rose petals. If grown near your home, it will attract good luck.
- Medicinal Properties: It can be used for fever, restlessness, insomnia and rashes.
- Magical Properties: Used in money spells and used to remove curses and spells.
- Medicinal Properties: It helps digestion and opens appetite. Fennel has been used for bronchial coughs, as well as alleviating pain in the chest.
- Magical Properties: Grow fennel around your home for protection. If you hang fennel in your home it may ward off evil spirits.
- Magical Properties: Red hibiscus flowers are used in love potions and placed in wreaths in marriage ceremonies.
- Medicinal Properties: Lavender is sedative. Lavender Oil can be used for migraines; just dab some onto your temples. Also can be used for fainting and dizziness. The leaves can be used for nausea and/or vomiting.
- Magical Properties: Used in love spells. Rub lavender on your clothing to attract love. Place lavender under your pillow for a good night’s rest.
- Medicinal Properties: Can be soothing to parts of the body suffering from rheumatic aches. You may also apply to insect stings. An infusion made with leaves increases perspiration which will cause a fever to go down.
- Magical Properties: Mint is used in travel spells and the bright green leaves can be used in money and prosperity spells.
- Magical properties: Peppermint has long been used in healing and purification spells. If you place peppermint under your pillow, it may aid in sleep and sometimes will offer a glimpse of the future in your dreams.
St. John’s Wart
- Medicinal Properties: Constitutes a good tonic for the nervous system; a good remedy when gastric acidity appears. Has been used for vomiting, ulcers and diarrhea.
- Magical Properties: Wards off fevers and colds. BurnSt. John’swart to banish evil spirits.
- Magical Properties: Sunflowers growing in the garden guard against pests and grant the best of luck to the gardener