Roasted Pears with Brie and Pistachios
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 ripe pears, preferably Bosc
- 2 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 4 teaspoons chopped pistachios, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat an 8-inch-square (or similar-size) metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk mustard, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Cut pears in half lengthwise, hollow out the core and slice a small piece off the other side so they will lie flat when served. Brush all over with the mustard glaze and place cored-side down in the prepared pan.
- Bake the pears for 30 minutes, basting halfway through with the glaze. Gently turn them over, baste again and place a piece of Brie in the hollow of each pear. Bake until the pears are tender and the Brie is slightly softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle each pear half with 1 teaspoon pistachios.
Per serving: 160 calories; 9 g fat ( 3 g sat , 4 g mono ); 14 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 3 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 299 mg sodium; 164 mg potassium.